10 Sep A Tech Solution to Help Your Residents Live Well
Residential Assisted Living Is Rapidly Advancing…
…with increased occupancy, more homes, and technological trends. RAL homes are not just about living, but living well – and living well in an assisted living home often involves embracing technology. Over the last five years, older adults have come to accept technology as a necessity in their daily lives. Technology is a significant resource to make meaningful connections. It successfully bridges the generational gaps for seniors struggling to connect. Through a variety of media, RAL homes are bringing wellness initiatives to the forefront. Technology has the means to help foster a higher level of care for seniors.
5 Sources of Technology Redefining Modern RAL Homes
1. Digital Signage
- Engage seniors with upcoming activity highlights
- Introduce new residents to the community
- Showcase appetizing menu photos
2. Community Apps
- Connect easily to neighbors with similar hobbies, interests, and backgrounds
- Explore activities and dining menus
- Submit requests for services, housekeeping, and dining
3. TV+ In-Room Channel
- Live stream digital programs directly to resident TVs
- Schedule designated movies to play or record
- Narrate slides to support residents with visual impairments
4. Alexa Integration
- Request support from Alexa for activities
- Request dining menus for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Stay informed by asking for today’s announcements
5. Dynamic Calendars
- Generate customizable print-ready calendars
- Publish up-to-date digital calendars on your website
- Create multiple activity calendars tailored for your RAL home
Touchtown Is a resident concierge company that engages seniors by employing multiple means of technology. They assess the community and provide the best-suggested resources to keep seniors engaged through the means of easy-to-use modern technology. Using www.Touchtown.com elevates the resident experience by keeping seniors more involved with activities in their RAL home. The platform forges lasting relationships amongst residents by providing automatic updates, convenient in-room TV channels, voice accessible information from Alexa and so much more.
With a multitude of platforms, each aspect of Touchtown Resident Concierge can be customized to promote programming, dining options, and upcoming activities. This technology is equipping RAL homes with modern amenities that senior demand. Generations of older adults are becoming more digital-savvy. These types of resources are the best way for our evolving generation of seniors to stay informed, involved, happy, connected and age with ease.
STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME
RALNA is advancing the industry with information about innovative technology. The landscape of residential assisted living is aggressively changing nationwide. Trendsetters in the trenches of the industry frontline are delivering a dynamic display of technology and resources to help your RAL business stay ahead of the game. Content at www.RALNA.com includes topics ranging from legislation, innovative products, unique services, marketing resources, employee retention tips and so much more.
RALNA is preparing industry owners and operators with the resources needed to survive the oncoming silver tsunami of retiring baby boomers. The Annual Residential Assisted Living National Convention is also the largest RAL event in the United States hosting nationwide industry vendors and professionals. RALNA sponsors technological trailblazers who provide premiere representations to equip RAL leaders with cutting edge and innovative technology.